For the third time in four years, a dramatic World Championship win has changed the Survivor Series main event at the last minute.
Drew McIntyre exercised his rematch clause against defending WWE Champion Randy Orton on Monday’s episode of Raw, having lost the belt to ‘The Viper’ at Hell In A Cell last month.
And Scotland’s favourite son regained the belt to kickstart his second reign, which puts him on a collision course with Universal Champion, Smackdown’s Roman Reigns, at the PPV.
In 2017, AJ Styles ended the reign of terror of Jinder Mahal when the WWE Championship changed hands in England and gave us a thrilling contest between Styles and then-Universal champ Brock Lesnar.
Styles’ reign lasted a full year before Daniel Bryan turned heel to steal the title away and deny us a rematch at Survivor Series 2018. Instead, Bryan and Lesnar had the match many expected to take place at Summerslam 2014, before Bryan’s career-threatening injury ruled him out.
McIntyre vs Reigns has been teased on recent episodes of WWE TV, and is a mouth-watering battle between the company’s two undisputed Aces at present.
It continues the recent tradition of pitting Raw and Smackdown’s champions against one another at Survivor Series, as well as traditional elimination matches between members of the opposing brands.
And with this year’s Series marking the 30th anniversary of The Undertaker’s debut, there will also be a special tribute to the now-retired Phenom’s legendary career.
When is Survivor Series 2020?
Survivor Series 2020 takes place on Sunday, November 22 and begins from 7pm local time in the United States. Over here in the UK, that means the show begins at midnight on Monday, November 23.
How can I watch Survivor Series 2020?
The event will stream live on the WWE Network for all paid subscribers. You can sign up or sign in here. In addition, UK viewers can purchase the event on BT Sport.
Can I play along with Survivor Series 2020?
Hooked On Wrestling are running our usual predictions contest for the event. You can enter here. Entries close at 10PM on the night of the show.
Where is Survivor Series 2020 taking place?
WWE will once again broadcast from their ‘Thunderdome’ complex in Florida, their regular home of recent weeks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Survivor Series 2020 full card
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs Universal Champion Roman Reigns
- Raw Women’s Champion Asuka vs Smackdown Women’s Champion Sasha Banks
- Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day vs Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits
- United States Champion Bobby Lashley vs Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn
- Survivor Series elimination match: AJ Styles, Keith Lee, Braun Strowman, Sheamus and Riddle (Raw) vs Seth Rollins, King Corbin, Jey Uso, Kevin Owens and Otis (Smackdown)
- Survivor Series elimination match: Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax, Lana, Peyton Royce and Lacey Evans (Raw) vs Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Bayley and Natalya (Smackdown)
- Pre-Show: Interbrand Battle Royal