Impact Wrestling have been known to come up with new concepts in the past, and this one could be a doozy.
The company have announced a ‘Triple Threat Revolver’ match for No Surrender, which takes place on 13th February.
Essentially, the match is an eight-man gauntlet, but with three men in the ring at all times.
The series of triple-threat matches will continue in the standard winner(s)-stay-on format, until the match gets down to the final three.
At this point it will be first fall to the finish, rather than going down to a singles match.
To add extra spice, the winner will become number one contender to the X-Division Championship.
The participants in this maiden voyage were confirmed by the promotion as: Trey Miguel, Chris Bey, Josh Alexander, Blake Christian, Ace Austin, Willie Mack, Suicide and Daivari.
If that wasn’t enough, another big tag match has been added to the card today.
Matt Cardona, who we recently interviewed, will team with Eddie Edwards to take on Brian Myers and Hernandez.
Former tag partners Myers and Cardona will be on opposite sides of this match, after Cardona came to the aid of Edwards during a beatdown from Myers and Hernandez this week on Impact.
Impact No Surrender 2021 takes place on 13th February, and will be available worldwide via ImpactPlus.
The card for the event currently stands at:
- Impact World Championship – Rich Swann vs Tommy Dreamer
- Impact Tag Team Championships – The Good Brothers vs AEW’s Private Party
- X-Division Championship – TJP vs Rohit Raju
- Hernandez & Brian Myers vs Eddie Edwards & Matt Cardona
- Triple-Threat Revolver Match – Trey Miguel vs Chris Bey vs Josh Alexander vs Blake Christian vs Ace Austin vs Willie Mack vs Suicide vs Daivari