On Wednesday this week, AEW President Tony Khan announced that the match between Orange Cassidy and Alex Reynolds would be taking place on the main card of Saturday’s Full Gear Pay Per View rather than on the ‘Buy In’ pre-show.
A replacement preliminary match was promised and less than 24 hours later it has been confirmed by Khan on Twitter that this match will see new NWA Women’s Champion Serena Deeb defend her title against former champion Allysin Kay.
This is an intriguing match on a number of levels. Firstly, it shows that the relationship between the NWA and AEW moves forward with this particular title being featured on a PPV broadcast again. It makes us wonder how long it will be before we see Nick Aldis on an AEW show? Not long we wager.
Secondly, it shows Kay maintains a relationship with NWA, just days after she announced her contract with the group had expired, making her a free agent.
AEW Full Gear will take place on Saturday 7th November and will be available to purchase on FITE. The final card is as follows:
- AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Eddie Kingston (I Quit Match)
- TNT Championship: Cody (c) vs. Darby Allin
- AEW Women’s Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Nyla Rose
- AEW Tag Team Championship: FTR vs. The Young Bucks (If The Bucks lose they can never challenge for this championship again)
- AEW World Championship Eliminator Final: ‘Hangman’ Page vs. Kenny Omega
- Chris Jericho vs. MJF (MJF joins The Inner Circle if he wins)
- Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara (Elite Deletion Match)
- Orange Cassidy vs. John Silver
- NWA Women’s Championship: Serena Deeb (c) vs. Allysin Kay