It was confirmed on last night’s episode of Impact that Moose, who refers to himself as the “real” world champion, will put his self-rewarded TNA World Heavyweight Championship on the line at Slammiversary.
His opponent will be the veteran hardcore superstar, Tommy Dreamer and the bout will be contested under ‘Old School Rules’
No word on what that means but it’s safe to assume that nobody will be expected to lose an eye…
The match was set up after the pair have gone backwards and forwards in recent weeks, with Dreamer issuing an apology to Moose last night.
When Moose rejected the apology as insincere, Dreamer stated he had already spoken to the championship committee and confirmed his title contest for Slammiversary.
‘The Innovator Of Violence’ also said that the match would be fought under Old School Rules, which we can assume will suit Dreamer going in to the contest.
This match is now part of the six so far announced for Slammiversary, which are:
- Ace Austin Vs Eddie Edwards Vs Trey Vs A Mystery Opponent – Impact World Championship
- The North Vs Ken Shamrock & Sami Callihan
- Jordynne Grace Vs Deonna Purrazzo – Knockouts Championship
- Willie Mack Vs Chris Bey – X-Division Championship
- Knockouts Gauntlet Match
- Moose Vs Tommy Dreamer – TNA World Heavyweight Championship