Last night’s Smackdown became the first WWE programme to be broadcast from The ThunderDome.
It was a noteworthy show for a number of reasons, one of which was the change of stipulations in the Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville match.
Previously planned as a Hair vs. Hair match, the match will now take place as a No Disqualification, Loser Leaves WWE match.
The change has likely come about to allow Deville time to deal with the legal and emotional fall out from her attempted kidnapping ordeal last weekend. She is expected to take a leave of absence after WWE SummerSlam.
The change was explained on screen when Rose first suggested she wished to reconcile with her former friend and see the good in her. Later in the show, Deville rejected this. Using the rationale that neither competitor seemed too perturbed about the idea of losing their hair, they should raise the stakes to put their WWE career on the line.
Hooked On Wrestling will be hosting a live SummerSlam Virtual Party. We will begin at 8PM UK Time (3PM EST) with four hours of special guests, quizzes and prize giveaways with the goal of raising money for the Cauliflower Alley Club. You can see all the details by clicking here.
The full SummerSlam card is as follows:
- WWE Championship: Drew McIntryre vs. Randy Orton
- Universal Championship: Braun Strowman vs. The Fiend
- Raw Women’s Championship: Sasha Banks vs. Asuka
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Bayley vs. Asuka
- United States Championship: Apollo Crews vs. MVP
- Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits vs. Andrade & Angel Garza
- Street Fight: Seth Rollins vs. Dominik Mysterio
- No Disqualification, Loser Leaves WWE: Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville