Impact Wrestling presented their Turning Point event live from Nashville last night, exclusively for subscribers of their Impact+ service.
The event featured two major title changes (excuse the headline, we try to keep people guessing a bit so as not to spoil for those that haven’t seen it) and plenty of notable happenings.
In the biggest news of the night, The Good Brothers (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) captured the Impact Tag Team Titles from The North team of Ethan Page and Josh Alexander.
The match itself was unremarkable but it marks the first titles in the company for arguably Impact’s biggest free agent signings of the year.
The other title saw Deonna Purrazzo reclaim the Knockouts Championship from Si Yung in a no disqualification match.
Yung defeated Purrazzo last month at Bound For Glory after stepping in as a surprise replacement for Kylie Rae. The win here makes the former NXT star a two time champion.
The event also saw a fun moment for long term Impact/TNA fans.
Chris Sabin and James Storm came together to form the ‘Beer Guns’ team. Both men were notably part of two of the most important and successful tag teams in company history. Chris Sabin and his partner Alex Shelley were the Motor City Machine Guns. They battled Storm and his then partner Bobby Roode (Beer Money) in some of the greatest tag bouts of their era. Seeing them come together to form a super-team of sorts will warm the hearts of many long time fans.
The full results of the event are as follows:
– Eddie Edwards defeated Daivari.
– Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie defeated Jordynne Grace & Tenille Dashwood
– Brian Myers defeated Swoggle
– Beer Guns (Chris Sabin & James Storm) defeated XXXL (Larry D & Acey Romero)
– Rohit Raju defeated Cody Deaner to retain the X-Division Championship
– TNA Championship Match: Willie Mack defeated Moose via disqualification after a reversed decision.
– The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) defeated The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) to win the Impact Tag Team Championship.
– Deonna Purrazzo defeated Su Yung in a No Disqualification match to win the Knokouts Championship.
– Rich Swann defeated Sami Callihan to retain the Impact Wrestling World Championship.