1972 – In Japan, Aiko Kyo beat Jean Antoine to become the new WWWA World Single Champion.
1976 – In Japan, Mariko Akagi beat Jumbo Miyamoto to become the new WWWA World Single Champion.
1976 – Amateur wrestling legend and eight-time NWA Junior Heavyweight Champion officially retired from wrestling.
1977 – Antonino Rocca passed away at the age of 55. He was posthumously inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame as part of the class of 1995.
1980 – In Japan, Monster Ripper beat Jackie Sato to become the new WWWA World Single Champion.
1997 – ECW Hostile City Showdown was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Dudley Boyz (Buh Buh Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) defeated The Eliminators (Perry Saturn and John Kronus) to become ECW Tag Team Champions for the first time. In the main event Raven defended and retained the ECW World Heavyweight Title in a Three-Way Dance match against Stevie Richards and Tommy Dreamer.
1998 – WCW Uncensored is held in Mobile, Alabama. On the PPV:
- Booker T retained the WCW Television Championship by pinfall against Eddie Guerrero.
- Juventud Guerrera defeated Konnan by pinfall.
- Chris Jericho defeated Dean Malenko by submission to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.
- Lex Luger pinned Scott Steiner.
- Diamond Dallas Page defeated Chris Benoit and Raven in a Triple Threat match to retain the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship.
- The Giant defeated Kevin Nash by disqualification after Bryan Adams interferes.
- Bret Hart defeated Curt Hennig with his Sharpshooter submission.
- Sting defeated Scott Hall to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
- In the main event Hollywood Hogan and Randy Savage faced off in a steel cage match. The match ends when The Disciple makes his way into the cage to help Hogan then Sting comes down from the rafters to help Savage. However Savage attacks Sting and exits the cage, and the official result is a No Contest.
1999 – On WCW Nitro Rey Misterio, Jr. pins Billy Kidman to become the new WCW Cruiserweight Champion.
1999 – On WWF Monday Night RAW, it was a good night for The New Age Outlaws. Road Dogg becomes the new WWF Intercontinental Champion after pinning Val Venis and Billy Gunn won the WWF Hardcore Championship from Hardcore Holly.
2003 – In Cambridge, Massachusetts, A.J. Styles and Amazing Red defeated Christopher Daniels and Donovan Morgan to become the new ROH Tag Team Champions. They would hold the belts for the next 175 days before vacating them due to Red being injured.
2005 – Former Intercontinental Champion Marty Jannetty wrestled his first singles match on television since August 1998 when he faced Kurt Angle at the SmackDown tapings in Savannah, Georgia. Angle made Jannetty submit as part of the build to the Olympic gold medallist’s match with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. Between this and his tag match on Raw the night before, Jannetty impressed WWE management enough to offer him a full time contract. Sadly, he was released four months later due to a series of incidents in his personal life.
2009 – TNA Destination X was held at the IMPACT! Zone in Orlando, Florida. On the PPV A.J. Styles defeated Booker T for the TNA Legends Title (making Styles the first grand slam champion in TNA history.) Suicide become the new X-Division Champion after outlasting Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Consequences Creed, and Jay Lethal in an X-Division match, and in the main event Sting defeated Kurt Angle to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship with Jeff Jarrett as the special referee and Mick Foley as the special enforcer.
2013 – CMLL Homenaje A Dos Leyendas was held in Mexico City. The main event of the night was a Mask and Hair vs. Mask and Hair 2 Out Of 3 Falls Tag Team match. The team of Stuka Jr. (betting his mask) and Rey Cometa (betting his hair) defeated Namajague (mask) and Okumura (hair). As a result Okumura was forced to have his hair cut off and Namajague made to unmask and reveal his real name – Kyosuke Mikami.
2015 – NOAH Great Voyage was held at the Ariake Colosseum in Tokyo, Japan. Among other matches we saw:
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and TAKA Michinoku) defeat Cho Kibou-Gun (Hajime Ohara and Kenou), and No Mercy (Daisuke Harada and Genba Hirayanagi) in a Triple Threat Tag Team match to win the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship belts.
- Taichi defeated Atsushi Kotoge to win the GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship.
- Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer) defeated TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) to retain the GHC Tag Team Championship.
- Minoru Suzuki became the new GHC Heavyweight Champion after beating Naomichi Marufuji.
2015 – At a TNA Impact taping in Orlando, Florida, Kenny King defeated Rockstar Spud, Tigre Uno and Mandrews in a ladder match for the X-Division Championship.
2019 – In the main event of ROH 17th Anniversary Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, Brody King and PCO defeated Jay and Mark Briscoe via pinfall in a Tag Team Street Fight to win the ROH World Tag Team Titles.
2020 – WRESTLE-1 Wrestle Wars is held in Tokyo, Japan. Two titles change hands on the show with Daiki Inaba and Koji Doi defeating Shotaro Ashino and Yusuke Kodama for the WRESTLE-1 Tag Team Titles and then Kaz Hayashi beating Katsuhiko Nakajima to become the new WRESTLE-1 Champion.
Notable Wrestling Birthdays:
- MJF (1996)
- Chasyn Rance (1983)
- Lobo (1975)
- Masayuki Naruse (1973)
- The Iron Sheik (1943)